Korean Media Group CJ CGV Takes Another 15 Imax Theaters for China
The latest screens will be operated as part of a joint venture agreement with the Canadian-based exhibitor.
TORONTO - Korean media group CJ CGV Co. has signed another deal with Imax, this time to add another 15 joint venture theaters to its exhibition chain in China.
The subsidiary CJ CGV Holdings will expand its revenue share agreement by installing the latest theaters in new construction projects across China.
The deal brings CJ CGV's Imax commitment to up to 65 theatres in South Korea and China.
CJ CGV Co., South Korea’s largest multiplex cinema chain, first tied up with Imax in 2009 to open the large format theatres in an expanding Chinese exhibition market.
The South Korean exhibitor earlier pacted with Imax to digitally remaster its films into the 3D format for release on super-sized screens in Korea.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR