Korean Singing Format 'My Way' Sells to Germany, France
The competition format has singers competing with different cover versions of the same hit song.
COLOGNE, Germany - Production companies in German and France have picked up local remake rights to the Korean singing competition format My Way.
DEF Media in German and the French production house Coyote snatched format rights for their respective territories for My Way from Eccho Rights, which is handling international sales of the format. Eccho Rights said it was also in negotiations with another major territory for the format.
My Way is a twist on singing competition formats such as The Voice, Idol and X Factor in that it focuses entirely on cover versions of iconic hits. In the show, a pop star sings the original version of one of his biggest hits. A group of younger competitors then compete against one another with their own takes on the same tune.
My Way has been a ratings hit for its original broadcaster KBS in Korea. Eccho Rights first introduced the format to international buyers at the MIPCOM market in Cannes in October.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws