Kris Jenner to Discuss Kim Kardashian's Divorce on 'Today' Show
Family members are using Kim's split as an opportunity for more publicity.
The Kardashians publicize their marriages and births on TV -- and now they're booking appearances for their divorces.
Kris Jenner will appear on NBC's Today show Wednesday to discuss her daughter's divorce from Kris Humphries after 72 days of marriage.
An insider also told The Hollywood Reporter that Jenner -- who serves as the family's business manager -- made sure that Kardashian and Humphries' divorce was announced on Monday in time for coverage in the weekly magazines, which go to deadline that day.
The Kardashians unleashed multiple statements to the media Monday (making sure to first give them to E! News, which airs their reality show, and thus pays their bills), before the ink was dry on the divorce filing.
"After careful consideration, I have decided to end my marriage," Kardashian said via her rep. "I hope everyone understands this was not an easy decision. I had hoped this marriage was forever but sometimes things don't work out as planned. We remain friends and wish each other the best."
Added her sister Khloe via Twitter: "Reading some these comments r so hurtful. Im grateful 4our fans who understand &r being respectful. Hate is disgusting. Love is everything." and "Thank God for family. We are strong and we will only become closer! I love YOU."
And sister Kourtney: "Our sister is going through a difficult time but we're a close family and are sticking together like always. We appreciate everyone's kindness and support. @KimKardashian, we love you."
Humphries also spoke out, telling E! News: “I love my wife and am devastated to learn she filed for divorce. I’m committed to this marriage and everything this covenant represents. I’m willing to do whatever it takes to make it work.”
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kaley Cuoco Cuts Her Hair Short, Debuts Blonder Bob Hairdo!
- Emma Stone & Andrew Garfield Bring 'Spider-Man' to 'GMA,' Get Us Really Pumped for the Movie!
- Beyonce Explores Concept of Beauty in 'Pretty Hurts' Video Premiere - Watch Now!
- Third 'Hobbit' Film 'There and Back Again' Renamed to 'Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'