Kristen Bell, Dax Shepard Expecting First Child
The "House of Lies" actress and the "Parenthood" star have been dating since 2007.
Move over, sloth. Kristen Bell is getting an addition to her family that she’ll love a whole lot more than that sluggish, three-toed animal that got her all teary when it showed up for her birthday party.
Bell and fiancee Dax Shepard are expecting their first child together in late spring, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The House of Lies star and the Parenthood actor started dating in late 2007 and got engaged in January 2010.
Bell, 32, and Shepard, 37, both starred in Shepard’s directorial feature debut Hit & Run, which opened in theaters on August 22. Shepard played an ex-getaway driver in witness protection who has started a new life in northern California with Bell’s character.
"This could have gone south in a hurry," Shepard told THR about working with his significant other. "Directing your fiancee, there’s a pretty good chance that it could have blown up and ended our relationship, but for whatever reason we really liked it, and it was probably the best six weeks of the five years we’ve been together. Go ahead and throw up now."
Bell and Shepard had previously said in interviews that they wanted to have children, and that it would probably happen before they got married. The couple said they wouldn’t have a wedding until same-sex marriage becomes legal in California.
“We wouldn’t want to invite all of our friends who don’t have that right to celebrate us, who have that right. We just don’t feel right about that,” Shepard said on The View.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zac Efron, Dave Franco, and Christopher Mintz-Plasse Share Crazy Stories From "Neighbors" Set at SXSW 2014
- Jennifer Aniston Would Trade Bodies With Gisele Bundchen, Is Just Like Us
- What We Want To See In 'Looking' Season 2
- I Ain't Gonna Work on Maggie's Farm No More: 'True Detective' and the Deep Dark Secret of the American Psyche