Kristen Stewart Books Two Indie Dramas
The actress will star in political drama "Camp X-Ray" and "Sils Maria."
Kristen Stewart has booked two indie dramas that she hopes to shoot this summer, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The actress will first star in Camp X-Ray, a war-on-terror drama that is being directed by first-time helmer Peter Sattler. She will then move to Sils Maria, where she joins Juliette Binoche and Chloe Moretz in a story that focuses on growing old.
X-Ray, which is eyeing a mid-July shoot, will see Stewart play a female soldier who is stationed at Guantanamo Bay, where she forms an unlikely bond with one of the prisoners.
A modern-set story, Maria sees Binoche as an aging actress who, after her muse dies, agrees to star in a reproduction of his most famous play, but opposite the young role that once made her famous.
Moretz is playing a scandal-ridden Hollywood star who is slotted for the young role.
In a supporting part, Stewart will play Binoche’s assistant, a paradigm of youth. (Mia Wasikowska was originally attached to the role.)
French filmmaker Olivier Assayas wrote the script and is serving as the director.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR