Kristen Stewart Named Forbes’ Highest-Paid Actress With $34.5 Million
The "Twilight" Star is the youngest on the list by 16 years, and dethrones last year's top earners Angelina Jolie and Sarah Jessica Parker.
Perhaps Kristen Stewart really is the fairest of them all. The Snow White and the Huntsman star tops this year’s Forbes list of highest-paid actresses with earnings of $34.5 from May 2011 to May 2012.
Largely thanks to the $12.5 million (plus a share of the profits) she received for each of the two-part The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn films, Stewart dethroned reigning queens Angelina Jolie and Sarah Jessica Parker, who last year shared the crown with an estimated $30 million each. The two women dropped to numbers four ($20 million) and seven ($15 million), respectively.
Twenty-two-year-old Stewart is 16 years younger than the next youngest person on the list, 38-year-old Kristen Wiig, whose Bridesmaids and Saturday Night Live earnings brought her $12 million.
Cameron Diaz landed just below Stewart with an estimated $34 million, much of which came from a profit-sharing deal for the surprise hit Bad Teacher, which earned $216 million globally.
There’s a $9 million gab between Diaz and Forbes’ number three leading lady, Sandra Bullock, who earned in $25 million.
The magazine took into account earnings actresses received for practicing their crafts, as well as income brought in from residuals, endorsement deals, advertisements and appearance fees.
Find the full list below:
1. Kristen Stewart ($34.5 million)
2. Cameron Diaz ($34 million)
3. Sandra Bullock ($25 million)
4. Angelina Jolie ($20 million)
5. Charlize Theron ($18 million)
6. Julia Roberts ($16 million)
7. Sarah Jessica Parker, ($15 million)
8. Meryl Streep, ($12 million)
9. Kristen Wiig, ($12 million)
10. Jennifer Aniston, ($11 million)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Director Bruno Dumont Lectures on Cinema at the Marrakesh International Film Festival: "Break Cliches!"
- Benedict Cumberbatch And Jennifer Lawrence Are The King And Queen Of Tumblr
- This Photo Of Blue Ivy Carter Will Make You Smile
- Phil Collins Is Working On New Music For First Time Since 2010 Retirement