Kristen Wiig Joins 'Anchorman' Sequel
The "Bridesmaids" star signs up for the long-awaited second installment of the adventures of Ron Burgundy.
Another mega-star Saturday Night Live alum has joined the cast of Anchorman: The Legend Continues.
Kristen Wiig has officially signed on to play a part in the sequel to the hit 2004 comedy, director Adam McKay announced on his Facebook page late Monday night. She joins a cast led by Will Ferrell, who plays the oblivious news anchor Ron Burgundy, and supported by Christina Applegate, Paul Rudd, Steve Carrell and Dave Koechner.
The film, which was announced last March, is due out from Paramount on December 20.
Wiig has long been included in the comedy universe of which Anchorman producer Judd Apatow is the center; he produced her 2011 breakout hit Bridesmaids, which earned her an Oscar nomination for best original screenplay, and she appeared in his 2007 directorial effort Knocked Up. A pairing with Ferrell produced a memorable presentation at last month's Golden Globes, perhaps hinting at what is to come.
She will soon appear in the dramedy Girl Most Likely, which she wrote, as well as Ben Stiller's Secret Life of Walter Mitty, Liza Johnson's drama Hateship, Friendship and Craig Johnson's dramedy The Skeleton Twins.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Mad Men's Kiernan Shipka Discusses Show's 'Bittersweet' Ending with 'Scene' (Exclusive!)
- Jennifer Aniston & Anna Kendrick Get Emotional Lying Down on Train Tracks for 'Cake'
- Courteney Cox & Kate Walsh Party with 'Vanity Fair' at Tribeca!
- Lily Allen Praises Pop Divas in 'Sheezus' Music Video - Watch Now!