Kristen Wiig in Negotiations to Star With Ben Stiller in 'Walter Mitty' (Exclusive)
The "Bridesmaids" star would play a co-worker who pops up in Walter Mitty's fantasy life in the new film version of the James Thurber short story.
Kristen Wiig is in negotiations to star opposite Ben Stiller in The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, the long-gestating fantasy comedy that Stiller also is directing for 20th Century Fox.
A remake of the 1947 Danny Kaye movie based on the James Thurber short story, the film centers on a timid magazine photo manager (Stiller) who daydreams of exciting adventures, only to find himself in an adventure of his own when he goes in search of a missing negative.
Wiig will play his co-worker and the girl of his fantasies.
Mitty will be Wiig's first big studio gig since her breakout starring role in last year’s comedy Bridesmaids. The comedienne, who shot two independent projects, Imogene and Revenge of the Jolly!, over the summer, has been very careful about selecting her next role. She is repped by UTA, Odenkirk Provissiero Entertainment and Jackoway Tyerman.
The movie is eyeing an April start and will shoot in New York and Iceland.
Stiller is producing with Red Hour Entertainment partner Stuart Cornfeld as well as John Goldwyn and Samuel Goldwyn Jr.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR