Kristin Davis Opposed to 'Sex and the City' Prequel
The actress joins co-star Sarah Jessica Parker in speaking out against the rumored film, but says she's open to a threequel.
Sarah Jessica Parker isn't the only Sex and the City star who doesn't like the idea of a prequel.
Kristin Davis told E! Online at Tuesday night's Costume Designers Guild Awards that she is opposed to the idea of bringing younger versions of the "SATC characters to the big screen, an idea that has been rumored for months.
"Not so into the prequel movie, because we're us and we've discussed our history in the show already so for all of our fervent fans who listen to what we say, why would we rewrite that?" said Davis, who hosted the CDGA ceremony. "And then have like different people with our names? It's kind of freaky."
Parker recently expressed the same sentiment to the Los Angeles Times.
"I don't think we can pretend to go back," Parker said. "It's creating two histories. It's like, 'Oh I didn't know that about Carrie Bradshaw.'"
But Sex and the City author Candace Bushnell -- who has said Carrie is her alter ego -- clearly doesn't mind taking her characters back in time: She published The Carrie Diaries, which follows Carrie and her friends in the 1980s, last year.
However, like Parker, Davis is enthusiastic about the idea of a third SATC film.
"I'm always hopeful and I always believe there's another story to tell because these are these women's lives so why wouldn't there be another chapter," she said. "[But] I don't know if it will happen."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)
- The CW's 'Star Crossed' Is The Classic WB Show You've Been Waiting For
- Love 'Cosmos?' Then NASA's 'Images Of A Space-Time Odyssey' Will Make Your Jaw Drop (PHOTOS)