Kristin Davis to Receive Humane Society Award
Kristin Davis will be honored by the Humane Society of the United States next month for her work on behalf of African elephants. The Sex and the City star has brought attention to the dangers facing the wild pachyderms, who are targeted by ivory poachers and whose population has dropped by hundreds of thousands since 1979.
Davis will receive the group's Wyler Award at the 25th Anniversary Genesis Awards ceremony on March 19 in Los Angeles.
The actress said, "Elephants are truly amazing animals and they need our protection, and what people in this country may not realize is that they can help by not buying ivory items."
Previous Wyler Award winners include Paul McCartney, Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR