KT Tunstall's Music Video "Kollaboration" Goes Global
The "Black Horse and the Cherry Tree" singer uses Youtube to recruit fans from all over the world for a collaborative audio and video experiment. Their task: to recreate tracks to the song "Glamour Puss" with the instrument of their choice.
When Scottish singer KT Tunstall decided to call upon her fans to help create the video for the song “Glamour Puss” off her latest album, Tiger Suit, she didn’t know what to expect. Seeking far more than amateur video footage, the so-called “kollaboration” required participants to strap on a pair of headphones and recreate the music, focusing on several key portions, with any instrument or noise-making object of their choice (i.e. a carrot which doubles as a flute), then upload the snippets to Youtube. Once the submissions were in -- and there were over a thousand which came from all over the world -- producer-mixer Tim Brown and Grammy-nominated editor Rupert Style pored through the videos to come up with the finished product: a truly collaborative effort between artist and fan. The only thing left of the original recording? Tunstall's vocal track.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game