'Kung Fu Panda 2' Crosses $300 Million Offshore
The 3D toon from DreamWorks Animation and Paramount is on track to near $500 million internationally.
DreamWorks Animation and Paramount’s Kung Fu Panda 2 has crossed the $300 million mark at the international box office and has a strong short of earning close to $500 million when all is said and done.
Through Thursday, the 3D toon’s foreign cume was $305 million.
Kung Fu Panda 2 is the latest Hollywood tentpole to make more money overseas. In North America, the 3D toon has grossed $148 million, meaning that offshore revenues are outpacing domestic by two to one.
The first Kung Fu Panda grossed $215.4 million domestically and $416.3 million overseas.
Kung Fu Panda 2 has yet to open in Italy and Japan. It’s debuting this weekend in Australia, opposite Disney’s Cars 2.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR