'Kyle XY' Star Matt Dallas Comes Out as Gay with Engagement Announcement
The actor plans to marry boyfriend Blue Hamilton, 25, a record producer who has worked with Justin Bieber.
Matt Dallas, the former star of ABC Family sci-fi series Kyle XY, has announced his engagement -- and in doing so, has come out as a gay man.
“Starting off the year with a new fiancé, Blue Hamilton. A great way to kick off 2013!” the 30-year-old actor wrote on his Twitter account. The announcement was accompanied by a photo of the actor lounging on a couch with a dog.
Hamilton, 25, is a Georgia-born music producer who has worked with Justin Bieber.
Dallas followed up Kyle XY with a recurring role on short-lived ABC witchcraft series Eastwick. He's since appeared in 2012's Naughty or Nice, a Christmas movie on the Hallmark Channel.
Engagements are becoming a popular way for gay celebrities to indirectly acknowledge their sexual orientation. In October, Good Morning America weatherman Sam Champion came out by mentioning his engagement to partner Rubem Robierb in a New York Times article.
— matt dallas (@themattdallas) January 7, 2013
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ian Somerhalder Is Definitely the Hottest Paper Boy at LAX Airport!
- Katie Couric Flexes Her Muscles & She's Buffer Than You'd Imagine!
- Ariana Grande to Debut New Single 'Problem' at Radio Disney Music Awards! (Exclusive)
- Jason Derulo Rips Off His Shirt After Jordin Sparks Joins Him for Passionate Duet 'Vertigo'! (Video)