'Kyle XY' Star Matt Dallas Comes Out as Gay with Engagement Announcement
The actor plans to marry boyfriend Blue Hamilton, 25, a record producer who has worked with Justin Bieber.
Matt Dallas, the former star of ABC Family sci-fi series Kyle XY, has announced his engagement -- and in doing so, has come out as a gay man.
“Starting off the year with a new fiancé, Blue Hamilton. A great way to kick off 2013!” the 30-year-old actor wrote on his Twitter account. The announcement was accompanied by a photo of the actor lounging on a couch with a dog.
Hamilton, 25, is a Georgia-born music producer who has worked with Justin Bieber.
Dallas followed up Kyle XY with a recurring role on short-lived ABC witchcraft series Eastwick. He's since appeared in 2012's Naughty or Nice, a Christmas movie on the Hallmark Channel.
Engagements are becoming a popular way for gay celebrities to indirectly acknowledge their sexual orientation. In October, Good Morning America weatherman Sam Champion came out by mentioning his engagement to partner Rubem Robierb in a New York Times article.
— matt dallas (@themattdallas) January 7, 2013
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR