Kylie Minogue and Manager of 25 Years Split
Terry Blamey launched the Australian pop star's career in 1987 when she released her debut single "The Loco-Motion."
Australian pop star Kylie Minogue has split from her longtime manager Terry Blamey.
The two go back to her 1987 debut single, “The Loco-Motion,” and Blamey was present for Minogue’s very first concert in Tokyo in 1990.
According to Aussie music news site Noise11, just a week ago, Minogue paid tribute to Blamey at an industry event, thanking him in her speech “for helping a 19-year-old girl take on the world and become a woman and an artist.” She later toasted, “Here’s to the future.”
The split brings an end to one of the most successful business relationships ever in the Australian music industry, writes Noise11.
According to Britain’s Sunday Mirror, which quotes Blamey in confirming the news, the split is said to be amicable. Blamey began his artist management career in 1966 and also worked with Dannii Minogue.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR