Kyra Sedgwick, Vincent D'Onofrio in 'Chlorine'
Duo to star as husband and wife in Jay Alaimo's indie film
Kyra Sedgwick and Vincent D'Onofrio have signed on for "Chlorine," an indie dramedy from writer-director Jay Alaimo.
"Chlorine" revolves around a family struggling to maintain their well-to-do lifestyle in their overly materialistic New England community. Sedgwick plays the matriarch, who is more interested in appearances than for caring or showing affection toward her husband (D'Onofrio) and pushes him into a bad real estate deal.
Christopher Beatty, Gary Giudice and Alaimo are producing the pic, which begins filming this month in New Jersey. Michael Liberty executive produces.
Matt Fiorello and Peter Tannenbaum worked on the script with Alaimo.
Alaimo co-wrote and directed "Slingshot," starring Julianna Margulies. This isn't the first time he has tried to film "Chlorine"; a few years ago, the filmmaker assembled a cast that included Ray Liotta and Demi Moore, but the pic fell apart because of Hurricane Katrina and scheduling.
After "Chlorine," Sedgwick jumps back into production on the latest season of "The Closer," TNT's top-rated show, which also garnered Sedgwick a Golden Globe Award as well as an Emmy nomination. The actress is repped by UTA and Impression Entertainment.
The UTA-repped D'Onofrio, best known for "Law & Order: Criminal Intent," recently wrapped production on crime thriller "The Irishman" with Val Kilmer and Christopher Walken.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR