TNT's Connection to L.A. Mayor Candidate Eric Garcetti
Proud papa, the ex-L.A. D.A. Gil Garcetti, produces "Major Crimes" and "The Closer" -- whose showrunner donated to the campaign.
This story first appeared in the April 26 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
Los Angeles City Councilman Eric Garcetti, who is locked in a tight mayoral runoff against City Controller Wendy Greuel, has played a mayor named Ramon Quintero in recent years on TNT's sibling LAPD dramas Major Crimes and the recently canceled The Closer.
Both shows have long employed Garcetti's father, former L.A. District Attorney Gil Garcetti, as a consulting producer, and they continue to pay familial dividends: The proud pop is corralling the casts and crews for an April 14 campaign fundraiser at his house.
Dual showrunner James Duff was first to donate to the son's super PAC with a $25,000 contribution.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game