L.A. Mayor's Race: Eric Garcetti Barnstorms Backyards
The candidate, facing showbiz-backed Wendy Greuel, has appeared at more than 750 fundraisers and meet-and-greets -- sometimes three a day.
This story first appeared in the April 12 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
Polls show a tight race, with Garcetti and Greuel each having raised about $4 million as of the most recent reporting period. Both have deep Hollywood support: Greuel, a one-time studio exec, is backed by Steven Spielberg, David Geffen and Jeffrey Katzenberg; Garcetti's finance chief is Sony's Eric Paquette, and his earliest supporters included Michael Eisner and Steven Bochco. While Greuel has gravitated toward fewer but larger events, Garcetti has opted for smaller gatherings. Jokes Garcetti backer and Tennis Channel executive Ken Solomon, "He makes me feel like I'm a layabout."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR