'La Sirga' Wins Grand Prix at Bratislava Film Fest
Jan Ole Gerster collects the best director award for "Oh Boy"
MOSCOW – The Colombian/French/Mexican co-production La Sirga (The Towrope), directed by William Vega, collected the Grand Prix for the Best Film at the International Film Festival Bratislava, which came to a close in the Slovak capital on Nov. 15.
German director Jan Ole Gerster picked up the best director award for his movie Oh Boy. The movie also received the FIPRESCI award.
The stars of Hayuta ve Berl (Epilogue), directed by Israel’s Amir Manor, Rivka Gur and Yosef Carmon, were awarded as the best actress and the best actor, respectively.
Poslednata lineika na Sofia (Sofia's Last Ambulance) by Bulgaria’s Ilian Metev picked up the best documentary award, and Malody by Canada’s Philip Barker was awarded as the best short film. A special mention in the short film competition went to Ovos de dinossauro na sala de estar (Dinosaur Eggs in the Living Room) by Brazil’s Rafael Urban.
Local actress Gabriela Marcinková collected an award for contribution to international exposure of Slovak cinema and actor Štefan Kvietik picked up a local lifetime achievement award. International lifetime achievement award went to Serbian director Goran Paskaljević and Czech director Jiří Krejčík.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer, 'X-Men' Director, Calls Suit A 'Sick, Twisted Shakedown'
- The Club 47 Folk Revival Explores the Iconic History of Old Cambridge Folk Club
- Jack Kilmer Talks 'Palo Alto,' His Acting Career And Growing Up With Famous Parents
- Lupita Nyong'o and America's Complicated Relationship With Beauty