Lady Antebellum's Hillary Scott Gets Engaged
The singer said yes to drummer boyfriend Chris Tyrell over the Fourth of July weekend.
Lady Antebellum singer Hillary Scott is engaged.
Her boyfriend, Chris Tyrell, asked for her hand in marriage over the Fourth of July weekend while they were on a getaway in eastern Tennessee, People reported.
"Chris proposed exactly the way I've always dreamed," Scott told People. "Our families were close by, but it was just us out on a beautiful deck overlooking a lake in East Tennessee. We had just been on a hike and -- in our workout clothes -- he hit the knee! We feel so blessed by God that He sent us each other, and we are looking so forward to forever together.”
Scott, 25, met the 24-year-old drummer met while touring with Tim McGraw in early 2010.
Lady Antebellum, which also includes Charley Kelley and Dave Haywood, is headlining its own tour. The group also will release a new album, Own the Night, on Sept. 13.
Their Need You Now was the top-selling country album of 2010.
Meanwhile, Tyrell is currently drumming with Eden's Edge on Brad Paisley's H2O II tour.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR