Lady Gaga, Adele Dubbed Music's Mid-Year Superstars
With the calendar year reaching its mid-year mark, it's time to look back on some of 2011's best musical offerings so far.
July is here, and that means it's time for mid-year music honors.
Honoring pop-music's best and brightest, Popdust names Lady Gaga the "Most Valuable Player" of 2011. Love her or hate her, there's no doubt that "Born This Way" was at the forefront of pop culture and pop music discussions throughout the top half of the year. This and all kudos are, of course, subject to change over the next six months.
Also earning honors are NBC's The Voice (dubbed "Rookie of the Year"), Jennifer Lopez ("Comeback Player of the Year") Adele ("Most Improved Player") and the late Clarence Clemons ("Role Player of the Year"). Runner-ups included Chris Brown, Wiz Khalifa, Cee Lo Green, LMFAO and Skylar Grey, respectively.
If you prefer a little more variety in your music, click over to Billboard, where they're still accepting ballots for their own mid-year awards. Among the categories are the standard MVP and Best Tour, but who had the year's most memorable meltdown? Was it Amy Winehouse, Odd Future or Chris Brown?
Weigh in on the nominees, or write in your favorites.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)