Lady Gaga's Body Revolution Project Features a Stripped Down Mother Monster (Photo)
The pop star launched a new section on her site, inviting users to share their struggles with their weight and self-image.
Lady Gaga's latest photoshoot aspires to far more than glamour.
The Grammy winner has launched a "Body Revolution" section on her LittleMonsters.com website, on which she posted un-retouched photos of herself in bra and underwear and a message about her past struggles with eating disorders.
"Bulimia and anorexia since I was 15," she wrote, the first caption on the series of photographs. "But today I join the BODY REVOLUTION. To Inspire Bravery. and BREED some m$therf*cking COMPASSION."
She also posted a message with a more detailed explanation of her efforts.
"My mother and I created the BORN THIS WAY FOUNDATION for one reason: 'to inspire bravery,'" Gaga wrote. "This profile is an extension of that dream. Be brave and celebrate with us your "perceived flaws," as society tells us. May we make our flaws famous, and thus redefine the heinous."
Recently, Gaga admitted to having gained around 25 pounds, partly from her love of Italian food. Not that it is causing her much stress.
"I really don't feel bad about it," she told Elvis Duran on his radio show. "Not even for a second."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR