Lady Gaga Battling Joint Inflammation, Cancels Tour Dates
“I am completely devastated and heartsick. I've been hiding this injury and pain from my staff for a month, praying it would heal," the performer said after a Montreal concert.
TORONTO -- Live Nation Global Touring said Tuesday that Lady Gaga is battling synovitis, or severe inflammation of joints, and her doctor has ordered her to postpone Born This Way Ball performances in Chicago, Detroit and Hamilton, Ontario.
“I am completely devastated and heartsick. I've been hiding this injury and pain from my staff for a month, praying it would heal, but after last night’s performance I could not walk,” the performer said in a statement after a concert in Montreal.
“To the fans in Chicago, Detroit and Hamilton, I hope you can forgive me as it is nearly impossible for me to forgive myself right now. I would do anything for you. I will hopefully heal as soon as possible and be at 500% again, which is what you deserve,” she added.
Gaga was to perform in Chicago on Feb. 13 and 14, Detroit on Feb. 16 and in Hamilton on Feb. 17.
Fans holding tickets for the canceled performances were told to retain their tickets for rescheduled concerts.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR