Lady Gaga Battling Joint Inflammation, Cancels Tour Dates
“I am completely devastated and heartsick. I've been hiding this injury and pain from my staff for a month, praying it would heal," the performer said after a Montreal concert.
TORONTO -- Live Nation Global Touring said Tuesday that Lady Gaga is battling synovitis, or severe inflammation of joints, and her doctor has ordered her to postpone Born This Way Ball performances in Chicago, Detroit and Hamilton, Ontario.
“I am completely devastated and heartsick. I've been hiding this injury and pain from my staff for a month, praying it would heal, but after last night’s performance I could not walk,” the performer said in a statement after a concert in Montreal.
“To the fans in Chicago, Detroit and Hamilton, I hope you can forgive me as it is nearly impossible for me to forgive myself right now. I would do anything for you. I will hopefully heal as soon as possible and be at 500% again, which is what you deserve,” she added.
Gaga was to perform in Chicago on Feb. 13 and 14, Detroit on Feb. 16 and in Hamilton on Feb. 17.
Fans holding tickets for the canceled performances were told to retain their tickets for rescheduled concerts.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR