Lady Gaga Debuts 'You and I' Single Art
The singer poses as her male alter ego, Joe Calderone.
Beware the invasion of the alter egos.
A few days ago, Justin Bieber brought back his rapping alter ego, Shawty Mane, for a track on Chris Brown’s mixtape. Now, Lady Gaga, a master of fashion and costuming, has brought back her male alter ego, Joe Calderone, for the cover of her next single, “You and I.”
Gaga tweeted the images on Friday, Aug. 5. “You will never find what you are looking for in love, if you don't love yourself,” she wrote.
The black and white images show Gaga dressed as a man in a jacket and t-shirt with short black hair, smoking in a cigarette.
Joe Calderone, supposedly a mechanic from Sicily, first appeared on the September 2010 cover of Japanese Men's Vogue. Rumors flew that the male model was actually Lady Gaga, especially when Calderone mentions Gaga in the interview.
“I met [Gaga] at a shoot [photographer] Nick Knight was doing. I was a little nervous for Nick to start shooting. She said, ‘Don't be baby, you were ‘born this way.’ I took her out after. The rest is private,” Calderone told the magazine. Nick Knight is one of Gaga’s favorite photographers, and Gaga’s stylist, Nicola Formichetti, posted the magazine’s photos on his website.
Fans are eagerly awaiting Lady Gaga’s 1,000th tweet, which she has promised will be the premiere of the single off of her latest album, Born This Way. She is now at 992 tweets.
Gaga announced her next single on Jimmy Kimmel Live! where she also performed the song on a stage in Hollywood on July 28. She spoke on a radio show about filming the video in Nebraska. “I've got to tell you, I don't think there's anything hotter than being in a cornfield in Nebraska,” said Gaga.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zosia Mamet Attends 'Hand To God' Opening Night with Boyfriend Evan Jonigkeit!
- Rita Ora Rocks Sexy Pink Bodysuit for L.A. Music Video Shoot!
- Shirtless Josh Henderson's Six Pack is Unreal in Op's Latest Campaign with Bikini-Clad Nina Agdal!
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!