Lady Gaga Creates Born This Way Foundation
The singer announced she will partner with her mom to launch the organization, which is named after her hit single.
Lady Gaga isn’t taking her success for granted.
The singer, whose Born This Way single and album both topped the charts earlier this year, announced Wed. that she plans to open a foundation of the same name aimed at inspiring young people.
“My mother and I have initiated a passion project,” she said in a statement MTV news reports. “We call it the Born This Way Foundation. Together we hope to establish a standard of Bravery and Kindness, as well as a community worldwide that protects and nurtures others in the face of bullying and abandonment.”
According to her release, the organization will focus on "youth empowerment and equality by addressing issues like self-confidence, well-being, anti-bullying, mentoring and career development and will utilize digital mobilization as one of the means to create positive change."
The foundation will partner with several backers, including the California Endowment, the John D. & Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation and the Berkman Center for Internet & Society at Harvard University.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR