Lady Gaga, Jennifer Lopez Producer RedOne Partners With Cash Money
The hitmaker brings his 2101 Records label to the house that Lil Wayne built. Says Cash Money co-founder Ronald "Slim" Williams: "RedOne fits right in."
RedOne may not be a household name, but the superstar artists he's worked with -- among them Lady Gaga, Nicki Minaj, Jennifer Lopez and Pitbull -- certainly are.
Yet in a move that will surely raise the Moroccan-born producer's profile, RedOne is partnering with Cash Money Records to develop new acts. Counting rapper Lil Wayne among its superstar artists, brothers Ronald “Silm” Williams and Bryan “Baby” Williams' founded the label in 1991 and today it's among Universal Music's most successful joint ventures.
“I have always been impressed with the way Slim and Baby do business," said RedOne in a statement announcing the partnership with his label, 2101. "Their determination to build their artists’ careers from the ground to super stardom, shows their sheer commitment. ... Together, we’ll be able to continue to help Build Global Stars and make hit music that we hope fans around the world will enjoy.”
Added Slim: “We consider Cash Money a family, and RedOne fits right in. He is a world-class producer, songwriter, musician and now record executive who just adds to what we have built here, and look forward to expanding in the years ahead.”
Known for radio smashes like Lopez's "On the Floor" and Gaga's "Bad Romance," RedOne is currently riding another popularity crest with Minaj’s latest single, “Pound the Alarm.” In the last five years alone, he has received three Grammy Awards, produced over 20 No. 1 singles and was also named 2010 Songwriter of the year by BMI.
However, RedOne's work with Cash Money will focus more on new artists starting with two signings, LA-based pop group Talkback and Swedish-Congolese singer-songwriter Mohombi, who has himself worked with such artists as Nelly, Akon, Pitbull and The Far East Movement.
The Williams brothers were recently featured on the cover of Billboard's Urban Power List issue. Read about their rags-to-riches story at Billboard.com.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)
- The CW's 'Star Crossed' Is The Classic WB Show You've Been Waiting For
- Love 'Cosmos?' Then NASA's 'Images Of A Space-Time Odyssey' Will Make Your Jaw Drop (PHOTOS)