Lady Gaga to Open MTV VMAs With 'Applause' World Premiere Performance
She opens an awards show that includes performances by Justin Timberlake, Kanye West and Katy Perry.
Lady Gaga is hitting the stage at the MTV Video Music Awards with a world premiere live performance of her new single "Applause," from her upcoming ARTPOP album.
The singer will open the awards show, which kicks off Aug. 25 at 9 p.m. ET/PT from Brooklyn's Barclays Center.
Lady Gaga opens a VMAs show that also will include performances by Justin Timberlake, Kanye West, Katy Perry, Bruno Mars, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Miley Cyrus and Robin Thicke.
She has won 13 awards since 2009, including best new artist, video of the year and video with a message, and she has performed several times already on the VMA stage ("Paparazzi" in 2009, "You and I" in 2011).
ARTPOP hits stores Nov. 11.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR