Lady Gaga Slammed Over Twitter Comment: 'Pop Singers Don't Eat'
The 26-year-old superstar has yet to clarify or apologize for the hashtag in question, which many are interpreting as a promotion of anorexia.
Lady Gaga has gotten herself into a heap of Twitter trouble.
The pop star, who boasts 22.7 million followers on the social media service, is being criticized by fans for allegedly promoting eating disorders. Earlier this week, Gaga wrote that she had "Just killed back to back spin classes. Eating a salad dreaming of a cheeseburger," but it was the hash tags that officially drew critics: #PopStarsDontEat and #IWasBornThisWay.
Despite an outpouring of attacks from her so-called Little Monsters, Gaga has yet to address the faux pas on her account.
The National Eating Disorders Association even weighed in on the matter, tweeting, "Huh? This is the same person who recently implored girls to stop dieting?"
In Vanity Fair's 2010 style issue, Gaga revealed that she had battled bulimia at the start of her career. Since then, the singer has been vocal about supporting healthy eating and youth empowerment in addition to her ongoing fight against bullying.
Gaga still remains the queen of Twitter, holding a record 22.7 million followers. She is followed by Justin Bieber, who surpassed 20 million followers on Friday.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR