Lady Gaga Not Likely to Replace Freddie Mercury on Queen Tour
Guitarist Brian May says the pop star is one of many artists the band would like to collaborate with.
Speaking to the U.K. tabloid, The Daily Express, guitarist Brian May appears to hint that THE Lady Gaga is on the cusp of joining Queen. While discussing the legendary band's "singer problem" since Freddie Mercury's death in 1991, along with a desire to tour, May told the newspaper that they've received many offers to collaborate over the years.
"I worked with Lady Gaga and she's very creative and is someone we've talked about singing, fronting the band with," May said, referring to their recent pairing at the MTV VMAs. "She's not just a singer, she writes her own material."
The phrase "fronting the band" has the music press drooling and jumping to the conclusion that Gaga would actually put her solo career on hold to front the band behind "Bohemian Rhapsody" and "Radio Ga Ga" (the song that inspired Stefani Germanotta's new name).
But May quickly adjusts expectations, adding that his band (which also includes bassist John Deacon and drummer Roger Taylor) have considered many singers to work with, as well as a TV show to showcase the collaborations.
"We have talked about doing duets with other people and in a strange way I almost pressed the yes button," he said. "We were debating the idea of a TV show where we have all these guest stars. We didn't press it today but we are still looking at it. Lady Gaga has said she would like to do something with us."
May collaborated with Gaga at the MTV Video Music Awards in August, when she performed "You and I" as her male alter ego.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10