Lady Gaga Sparks Fan Frenzy at Cannes Performance
“It was so lovely performing with the ocean. I would’ve liked to have jumped in after!” she says.
The Festival de Cannes went gaga Wednesday night as chanteuse Lady Gaga stole the show on the Croisette with a live performance on the fest’s opening night. Fans from across the globe flocked to the front of the Hotel Martinez, where Gaga performed on Canal+’s hit show Le Grand Journal’s live stage. Gaga sang her new song “Judas” before taking to the live stage for an interview with the show’s host Michel Denisot and presenters.
“It’s beautiful, it’s very, very busy, but it’s really nice to be here,” Gaga told the crowd after the performance, adding; “It was so lovely performing with the ocean. I would’ve liked to have jumped in after the performance!” PHOTOS: Lady Gaga and other stars on the Grammys red carpet
Gaga sported a typically outlandish outfit, complete with platinum-blond and black hair pulled into a large bun and trailed by a long red fabric plus a gold-embroidered black costume.
Although at home, Catholic groups are shouting blasphemy over her hit “Judas,” French fans shouted loudly as the Croisette turned into a singing-and-dancing frenzy early in the evening as Woody Allen’s Midnight in Paris screened at the Palais down the Croisette.
When asked whether she believes in God, Gaga responded: “Of course. I have so much faith. I used the name Judas as a metaphor.” PHOTOS: Gaga arrives to the Grammys in an egg -- and other unforgettable moments
Gaga brought her sense of humor to the already offbeat program. When presenter Ali Baddou asked her how she manages not to go crazy with all of her success, Gaga said: “I was already crazy,” then addressed her many fans, saying: “I have to be honest. I am just so grateful that I get to make music every day and perform every night. The thing that I didn’t know would happen is this extraordinary relationship I have with my fans.”
Gaga’s fans started gathering in front of the Martinez early in the afternoon for the show. And for those who aren’t quite as taken with the pop star?
“If everybody loved me, it would mean that I was doing something wrong,” she said.
Her album Born This Way is set to be released May 23.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game