Lady Gaga Sued By Former Assistant for $380,000 Of Unpaid Overtime
Among the charges made by Jennifer O'Neill: Making sure the singer had a towel after a shower and being her alarm clock.
Jennifer O'Neill, Lady Gaga's former personal assistant has filed suit against her former employer, alleging that she was overworked and underpaid.
The 41-year-old worked for Lady Gaga for 13 months, accompanying the 25-year-old singer on her 2010 Monster Ball world tour. O'Neill alleges that she put in 7,168 hours of unpaid overtime and is owed more than $380,000, according to New York Post.
O'Neill says she catered to the singer's eccentric whims and demands around the clock. She insists she had to ensure 'the promptness of a towel following a shower" and acted as a" personal alarm clock to keep [Gaga] on schedule."
The lawsuit was filed in Manhattan federal court last week against the superstar’s Mermaid Touring company for unpaid overtime.
This is not the first personal assistant to complain about working for Gaga. Former employee Angela Ciemny claimed she had to sleep with the singer most nights because she refused to be alone, according to Poker Face: The Rise and Rise of Lady Gaga.
A spokeswoman for Gaga has branded the lawsuit "completely without merit."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game