Lady Gaga's 'Machete Kills' Character Poster Unveiled
Director Robert Rodriguez tweeted the image, and the pop provocateur confirmed she will be making her big screen debut in the film.
Lady Gaga will soon be making her silver screen debut, as the pop star joins the cast of Robert Rodriguez's Machete Kills, playing a character called La Chameleón.
The writer/director tweeted the announcement Thursday.
— Robert Rodriguez (@Rodriguez) July 26, 2012
Mother Monster retweeted Rodriguez and added:
Yes its true, I will be making my debut as an actress ln the amazing MACHETE KILLS BY @RODRIGUEZ IM SO EXCITED!!! AH! Filming was insane.
— Lady Gaga (@ladygaga) July 26, 2012
The upcoming sequel to 2010's Spy Kids spin-off, Machete, stars Danny Trejo, Jessica Alba, Michelle Rodriguez, Alexa Vega, Zoe Saldana, Mel Gibson, Vanessa Hudgens, Charlie Sheen and more.
Machete Kills, the second film in the trilogy, will pick up with the title character mourning his lost love, the movie's website reports. He is then recruited by the U.S. president to take down a cartel leader before he fires a missile at America.
Although Lady Gaga has been in a few skits and on The Simpsons, she has not yet made an appearance on the big screen. Machete Kills is due out in 2013.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR