Lady Gaga's ‘Born This Way’ Fastest Selling Single Ever on iTunes
The singer's red-hot-at-radio single is also a strong seller worldwide.
The singer's “Born This Way" is officially is the fastest selling single ever on iTunes, Apple announced today.
Once the song, the first single off Gaga's anticipated full-length (due May 23), dropped on iTunes last Friday it was an instant smash around the globe. "Born This Way" dominated from Europe to Australia as soon as it was released, hitting the top spot in 23 countries. More than one million downloads of the controversial song were sold in just five days, Apple said today.
In addition to breaking the iTunes record this week, Gaga graces the cover of the current edition of Billboard magazine.
"Born This Way" is the 1,000th No. 1 song on the Billboard Hot 100.
"I'm humbled, honored and overwhelmed at the reception to "Born This Way," the singer told Billboard in an interview. "This has been so life-changing for me. Between Billboard and the international No. 1s, and the radio numbers...I couldn't be more blessed to have the fans I have," Gaga said.
"I knew when I wrote the song it was special," the singer added.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'