Lady Gaga's ‘Born This Way’ Fastest Selling Single Ever on iTunes
The singer's red-hot-at-radio single is also a strong seller worldwide.
The singer's “Born This Way" is officially is the fastest selling single ever on iTunes, Apple announced today.
Once the song, the first single off Gaga's anticipated full-length (due May 23), dropped on iTunes last Friday it was an instant smash around the globe. "Born This Way" dominated from Europe to Australia as soon as it was released, hitting the top spot in 23 countries. More than one million downloads of the controversial song were sold in just five days, Apple said today.
In addition to breaking the iTunes record this week, Gaga graces the cover of the current edition of Billboard magazine.
"Born This Way" is the 1,000th No. 1 song on the Billboard Hot 100.
"I'm humbled, honored and overwhelmed at the reception to "Born This Way," the singer told Billboard in an interview. "This has been so life-changing for me. Between Billboard and the international No. 1s, and the radio numbers...I couldn't be more blessed to have the fans I have," Gaga said.
"I knew when I wrote the song it was special," the singer added.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Jena Malone Serenades Us For The Shoe's 'I'm Okay' Album - Listen Now!
- Ian Somerhalder Reunites with Maggie Grace & 'Lost' Cast at PaleyFest 2014!
- Dwyane Wade Helps Hold Up Fiance Gabrielle Union's Gown While Attending 'Call of the Game' Dinner
- LeAnn Rimes: Eddie Cibrian is the 'Hottest Coach Ever'!