Lake Bell's 'In a World…' Sells to Roadside and Sony
The actress's directorial debut had its world premiere at Sundance.
Roadside Attractions has acquired U.S. rights and Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions has picked up international rights to Lake Bell's In a World…, which premiered at the Sundance Film Festival.
Roadside is planning a summer 2013 release for the film.
In a World... is set in the cutthroat culture of movie trailer voice-over artists and follows a young female voice coach who enters an all-male race to be the voice of the new hot trailer of a blockbuster.
Bell wrote the movie, starred in it and directed it. She enlisted her co-stars from the Adult Swim show Children’s Hospital, Rob Corddry and Ken Marino, to join the cast, adding Demetri Martin and Nick Offerman, among others.
The movie premiered in the dramatic competition category and won Bell the Waldo Salt Screenwriting Award.
The film was produced by Eddie Vaisman and Mark Roberts of 3311 Productions as well as Jett Steiger and Bell. Ross Jacobson and Sean O’Grady of 3311 Productions executive produced.
Roadside co-president Howard Cohen said “In a world…where everyone loves a good laugh, Lake’s film represents the introduction of a major new comedic voice – a 21st century Carole Lombard.”
UTA Independent Film Group repped the movie.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)