Lakers Channel Inks Deal With Cox as Holdouts Remain
TWC still has yet to come to terms with Dish Network, Comcast and DirecTV.
There's good news for some more Los Angeles Lakers fans in Southern California.
Time Warner Cable said late Sunday that it has signed a new deal with Cox Communications to carry Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes.
The news means that Cox subscribers in Southern California will now have access to Lakers games. The channels will launch in time for the Lakers game vs. the Utah Jazz on Wednesday, Nov. 7.
TWC said further details will be announced shortly.
TWC has previously closed deals with Charter, Verizon Fios, AT&T U-verse and Bright House Networks but still has yet to come to terms with Dish Network, Comcast and DirecTV.
A sticking point in TWC's talks with carriers has been for its two sports networks to be carried on the most basic level of service. That helps TWC, which is asking $3.95 per subscriber per month for the two channels, sell ads on the games.
This season, the two TWC services will each carry 70 Lakers games (of which 57 are exclusive). TWC’s channels also offer games from the Los Angeles Galaxy soccer team, the Los Angeles Sparks basketball team and others.
The 2012-13 NBA season kicked off Wednesday.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack