Lana Del Rey Added to SXSW Lineup
UPDATED: Fresh off her widely panned “Saturday Night Live” performance, the singer lands a gig at the annual Austin-based festival.
Aside from being slammed by Hollywood and the Twitterverse, there appears to be a silver lining to Lana Del Rey’s lambasted Saturday Night Live performance.
The singer has since landed a spot on the bill for the annual SXSW Music Festival, scheduled for March 13 through 18 in Austin, Texas. Also added to the lineup are Little Boots, Miike Snow, The Ting Tings, Dragonette, Imogen Heap and The Knux, as reported by Idolator.
Del Rey (birth name: Elizabeth Grant) won the Q Award for Next Big Thing in 2011. Her first studio album, Born to Die, is due to hit shelves on Jan. 31 via Interscope Records.
Watch her debut performance below. After initially slamming Del Ray’s nerve-wracked performance, actress Juliette Lewis took to Twitter to describe the singer and songwriter as “Fresh” and “Yummy.”
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack