Lana Del Rey Added to SXSW Lineup
UPDATED: Fresh off her widely panned “Saturday Night Live” performance, the singer lands a gig at the annual Austin-based festival.
Aside from being slammed by Hollywood and the Twitterverse, there appears to be a silver lining to Lana Del Rey’s lambasted Saturday Night Live performance.
The singer has since landed a spot on the bill for the annual SXSW Music Festival, scheduled for March 13 through 18 in Austin, Texas. Also added to the lineup are Little Boots, Miike Snow, The Ting Tings, Dragonette, Imogen Heap and The Knux, as reported by Idolator.
Del Rey (birth name: Elizabeth Grant) won the Q Award for Next Big Thing in 2011. Her first studio album, Born to Die, is due to hit shelves on Jan. 31 via Interscope Records.
Watch her debut performance below. After initially slamming Del Ray’s nerve-wracked performance, actress Juliette Lewis took to Twitter to describe the singer and songwriter as “Fresh” and “Yummy.”
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Aerosmith's 'Dream On' Performed To Honor Boston Marathon Victims And Survivors (VIDEO)
- Bryan Singer Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Underage Boy
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"