Lana Del Rey Tour Postponement Rumors Are False, Says Rep
A media report surfaced that claimed the singer had canceled a string of spring tour dates to distance herself from her panned "Saturday Night Live" performance.
Despite widespread reports on Tuesday (Feb. 7) that Lana Del Rey had scrapped a planned, as-yet-unannounced spring tour to hone her live show, a rep for the sultry singer has denied the rumors, saying that a spring tour was never in the works to begin with.
According to the New York Post, Del Rey had postponed a string of spring tour dates to distance herself from her panned Saturday Night Live performance last month. However, a rep for Del Rey tells Billboard.com that the singer, who released her much-discussed debut album Born To Die last Tuesday, still plans to begin her first full tour in October, as was previously announced. "There has never been a spring tour announced or cancelled," says the rep.
With a Top 5 debut expected for Born To Die this week -- the final Billboard 200 tally will be released Wednesday morning -- Del Rey still plans to appear at the Amoeba Music in Los Angeles on Tuesday night, and at the Amoeba store in San Francisco on Thursday night. "Lana continues to perform in public and on TV," says her rep. "She gave a fantastic performance on Letterman last week; she will appear at the Amoeba in LA today, and the SF Amoeba on Thursday."
After performing "Video Games" on The Late Show with David Letterman last week, Lana Del Rey was spoofed by Kristen Wiig on Saturday Night Live. Born To Die debuted at the top of the U.K. albums chart on Monday with sales of 117,000, according to the Official Charts Company.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack