LAPD Opens Criminal Investigation Into Charlie Sheen
Although a victim was not identified by police, multiple tabloid reports have suggested that the 'Two and a Half Men' actor had made threats against his ex-fiancee Scottine Ross.
The Los Angeles police threat management unit has begun an investigation into Charlie Sheen, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The exact nature of the probe is unclear, although it was described as a "criminal investigation."
The investigation started March 31 after a report was filed around 3 p.m., police said. A search warrant has been obtained, but police declined to specify the location in question.
Although a victim was not identified by police, multiple tabloid reports have suggested that the Two and a Half Men actor had made threats against his ex-fiancee Scottine Ross.
Ross is an ex-porn star who worked under the moniker Brett Rossi.
In December of last year, Ross filed a lawsuit against Sheen accusing him of assault, battery and negligence, among other misdeeds. The suit was filed shortly after Sheen publicly admitted he was HIV positive, which Ross claimed he had tried to hide from her when they were together.
In December, Ross told People she feared for her safety, which is why she filed the lawsuit. "I'm scared he wants to kill me," she told the magazine at the time.
Sheen filed for a dismissal of that complaint.
A request for comment from Sheen's lawyer was not immediately returned.
April 6, 3:15 p.m. Updated with additional information from the Los Angeles Police Department.