Larry King to Host 'At Bat' Show For the Dodgers Network
The lifelong fan is going to take the helm of "Larry King at Bat," which premieres March 18 on the new SportsNet LA channel.
Larry King bleeds blue for his beloved Los Angeles Dodgers and even celebrated his 80th birthday at the stadium last November.
Now, the lifelong fan will become one of the faces of the team as he hosts Larry King at Bat, a new series premiering March 18 at 7 p.m for the SportsNet LA channel, which launched today.
A season ticket holder and a fan since the Dodgers played in Brooklyn (they moved to L.A. in 1957, which shows what a dedicated supporter he is), King plans to combine his decades of broadcast experience with his love of the game by interviewing celebrities, baseball legends and beloved Dodger luminaries.
"I have been a Dodger fan all my life. I am happy to be a part of SportsNet LA, the new 24/7 Dodgers television network," said King at a news conference Tuesday.
"With my love of sports and my interviewing skills, I think it will be a happy combo. I am looking forward to a great year!"
The longtime CNN anchor's latest project is part of a collection of original programming airing on the 24-hour TV network that includes Backstage: Dodgers, Lead-Off L.A., a social media-driven show, Dodgers Clubhouse, and Access SportsNet: Dodgers, the flagship live daily show running from spring training to the season's finale.
Superfan King attended his first Brooklyn Dodger game in 1943, and was even on hand for Jackie Robinson’s first game at Ebbets Field (the talk show host interviewed Robinson twice).
Singer Robin Thicke will perform at the opening weekend extravaganza for the Dodgers on April 5, in the second game of a three-game series against the San Francisco Giants.
Before playing in their home stadium, the Dodgers are heading Down Under to play in the MLB Opening Series in Sydney on March 22 and 23. The game against the Arizona Diamondbacks will be held at the historic Sydney Cricket Ground, which will be fully renovated to a baseball configuration.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David