Larry King Offers to Fill Regis Philbin's Vacant Seat
"I would get a kick out of that," he says.
Larry King wouldn't mind filling in for Regis Philbin once he retires this summer.
"I would sit in for him for a few weeks," King -- who stepped down from his CNN show late last year after 25 years -- told Inside Edition Tuesday.
"I would get a kick out of that," added King, 77. "I would do that in a minute."
King doesn't think Philbin will be easy to replace.
"He's a special guy," he says of Philbin. "Nothing is forever… we're going to miss him."
Philbin announced the news on-air Tuesday morning.
"There is a time that everything must come to an end for certain people on camera - especially certain old people!" joked Philbin, who turns 80 in August.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)
- The CW's 'Star Crossed' Is The Classic WB Show You've Been Waiting For
- Love 'Cosmos?' Then NASA's 'Images Of A Space-Time Odyssey' Will Make Your Jaw Drop (PHOTOS)