L.A.'s Status SUV Battle
At school drop-off, image-obsessed moms and dads are flocking to the same five crossovers as Bentley and Maserati enter the family car wars: "Cayenne is really flashy"; "Mercedes says 'older money' "
It's 7:45 a.m. on a recent Thursday at Harvard-Westlake Middle School in Bel-Air, and preteens surge out of a lineup of cars that represent all the major luxury automakers, from BMW to Bentley. An Escalade with blacked-out windows zooms up, followed by a boxy Land Rover and two Mercedes-Benz E-class sedans. A Cadillac CTS sedan swings around smoothly, followed by a Range Rover and a new Volvo XC70 wagon.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR