'Last Airbender' release moved up one day
Paramount's family adventure pic out Thursday, July 1
Paramount has moved up the theatrical release date for family adventure "The Last Airbender" one day to Thursday, July 1.
Midweek debuts generally are designed to stimulate word-of-mouth in advance of an opening weekend. Paramount effectively will reap a five-day bow for the M. Night Shyamalan-helmed pic, as Independence Day falls on a Sunday and Monday, July 5, is a federal holiday in the U.S.
Summit's "Twilight" threequel "Eclipse" is the holiday-stretched session's only other wide opener. The vampire romance is set to unspool June 30.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR