The Last Days of Brittany Murphy
A promising career derailed. A husband with a murky past. A loving mother who was her soulmate. And a life cut short. A year after her death, a remembrance of the young woman with the infectious giggle from the perspective of a father figure who met her when she was 14.
When the final curtain came down for Brittany Murphy on Sunday morning, Dec. 20, 2009, the drama played out in the one room in her Hollywood Hills mansion that had become her refuge: her bathroom. This tiled, peach-colored sanctuary was where she went to get away from the mounting pressures of her life: a house she hated, a city where she no longer wanted to live, a career that was imploding and the constant burden of being a caregiver.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Weighing in on Wonder Woman
- Danica McKellar on Life After 'The Wonder Years,' 'The Wrong Woman' and HuffPost's #nofilter Quiz
- Walter Afanasieff, 'All I Want For Christmas' Songwriter, Talks Mariah Carey Holiday Hit
- Barbara Walters Slams Kim Kardashian And Kanye West While Honoring Them As 'Fascinating'