'The Last of Us' Is Fastest-Selling PS3 Video Game of 2013
The Sony title sold more than 3 million copies in less than three weeks.
Sony's critically acclaimed video game The Last of Us has sold more than 3 million copies in less than three weeks, making it the fastest-selling PlayStation3 title of 2013.
The game, which focuses on the journey of survival for two main characters, Joel and Ellie, in a post-apocalyptic world, was released exclusively for the PS3 on June 14. As of July 3, the title had sold more than 3.4 million units worldwide.
"These sales figures are a testament to the blockbuster quality of The Last of Us," Shuhei Yoshida, president of Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios, said in a statement.
“The teams at [subsidiary video game developer] Naughty Dog are true visionaries, and their storytelling capabilities are second to none; this title is an undisputed demonstration of that. SCE continues to be committed to delivering unique gameplay experiences that redefine the interactive entertainment industry, and The Last of Us is a perfect example."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR