'The Last of Us' Is Fastest-Selling PS3 Video Game of 2013
The Sony title sold more than 3 million copies in less than three weeks.
Sony's critically acclaimed video game The Last of Us has sold more than 3 million copies in less than three weeks, making it the fastest-selling PlayStation3 title of 2013.
The game, which focuses on the journey of survival for two main characters, Joel and Ellie, in a post-apocalyptic world, was released exclusively for the PS3 on June 14. As of July 3, the title had sold more than 3.4 million units worldwide.
"These sales figures are a testament to the blockbuster quality of The Last of Us," Shuhei Yoshida, president of Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios, said in a statement.
“The teams at [subsidiary video game developer] Naughty Dog are true visionaries, and their storytelling capabilities are second to none; this title is an undisputed demonstration of that. SCE continues to be committed to delivering unique gameplay experiences that redefine the interactive entertainment industry, and The Last of Us is a perfect example."
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR