'The Last of Us' Nabs 10 BAFTA Games Awards Nominations
Rockstar Games' "Grand Theft Auto V" came in a close second with nine nominations for the British gaming honors.
The Last of Us leads the field for the British Academy Games Awards in 2014, having scored 10 nominations across categories, including best game and two nominations in the performer category, for Ashley Johnson (Ellie) and Troy Baker (Joel).
The game nosed in front of Grand Theft Auto V, itself nominated nine times, including a tilt at best game, best British game and best performer for Steven Ogg.
A total of 43 games have been recognized across 17 categories for the nods, which aim to showcase the best games of the past 12 months, highlighting creative excellence from a broad range of U.K. and international development teams.
Tearaway is nominated for eight BAFTA game awards across categories, including artistic achievement, best game and best British game.
The British Academy Games awards take place on March 12 in London and will be hosted for the sixth consecutive year by comedian, TV show host and gamer Dara O Briain.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR