Laszlo Barna Exits Entertainment One With First-Look Deal
Veteran Canadian producer leaves Entertainment One two years after being acquired by the mini-studio.
TORONTO -- Laszlo Barna is ankling Entertainment One next month as its TV division president, but not before inking a first-look deal for his new Canadian production outfit Pier 21 Films.
“While we will definitely miss his larger-than-life presence, I’m thrilled that we will continue to work closely with him,” Entertainment One Television CEO John Morayniss, based in Los Angeles, said Tuesday.
Barna will officially exit the Toronto-based Entertainment One on Feb. 1, two years after selling his production shingle Barna Alper Productions and its library to the mini-studio as it diversified into filmed entertainment.
While with Entertainment One, Barna’s executive producer credits include the CBS/CTV cop drama The Bridge, MTV’s Skins, the documentary Force of Nature: The David Suzuki Movie and the feature film The Bang Bang Club.
“While I’m extremely proud to have played a role in Entertainment One’s amazing rise, I’m looking forward to getting back to my first loves -- production, spending more time on the set and building a company from the ground up,” Barna said in his own statement.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Experience The Controlled Chaos Behind Cuba Gooding Jr.'s 1997 Oscars Acceptance Speech
- John Gallagher Jr. On The Upcoming Final Season Of 'The Newsroom'
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Gedeon Luke Keeps the Soul Train Moving ; Viv and the Revival Breaks Your Heart
- Comcast To Charge Insane Amount For A Single Season Of 'House Of Cards'