Latvian Capital Riga to Host 2014 European Film Awards
The 27th EFA ceremony will be the second in the Baltics, following Tallinn, Estonia in 2010.
COLOGNE, Germany – Riga, the capital of the tiny Baltic nation of Latvia, will play host to the 27th European Film Awards on Dec. 13, 2014.
It will mark the second time the EFAs, Europe's leading film honor, will be held in the Baltic states, following the 2010 event in Tallinn, Estonia. The European film gala will tie in with a series of events being held in Riga next year as part of the capital being named a European capital of culture.
The EFA ceremony alternates between Berlin and another European city every year. The 2012 event was held in Malta and this year's gala will return to the German capital.
The European Film Awards are presented by the European Film Academy and EFA Productions.
The 2014 event will be organized by Foundation Riga 2013 with financial backing from the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Latvia and the Riga City Council, as well as German Federal Film Board, the German State Lottery Berlin, the German State Minister for Culture and the Media, the EU's MEDIA program, the Medienboard Berlin-Brandenburg and event sponsor, parcel delivery company GLS.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'