Laura Dern Files for Divorce From Ben Harper
The singer previously filed his own papers against the "Enlightened" star in 2010.
Nearly two years after Ben Harper filed for divorce from Laura Dern, the star of HBO's Enlightened has filed her own papers seeking to split from the singer, TMZ reported.
Dern reportedly filed legal documents Friday in Los Angeles Superior Court seeking primary physical custody of their two children -- son Ellery, 10, and daughter Jaya, 7 -- and joint legal custody. She is also seeking child and spousal support and wants Harper to pay her attorneys' fees.
Dern and Harper were married in December 2005 after five years of dating. Harper first filed divorce papers in October 2010, citing irreconcilable differences and asking the judge not to award her spousal support.
In January, the two sparked speculation of a reconcilation when they attended the Golden Globes together -- where she won the award for best actress in a comedy series.
Dern's credits also include Little Fockers and HBO's Recount, for which she won a Golden Globe.
Harper is a two-time Grammy Award winner.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Third Person' Trailer Shows Mila Kunis, Olivia Wilde, Liam Neeson Feeling Everything
- AMC's Hit Reality Show 'Small Town Security' Is Back For Season 3
- Bride Gives Groom 'Ghostbusters' Cake, Proves That She's A Keeper
- Ted Neeley, Original 'Jesus Christ Superstar,' Hopes Pope Francis Will Come To The Musical