Laura Dern Files for Divorce From Ben Harper
The singer previously filed his own papers against the "Enlightened" star in 2010.
Nearly two years after Ben Harper filed for divorce from Laura Dern, the star of HBO's Enlightened has filed her own papers seeking to split from the singer, TMZ reported.
Dern reportedly filed legal documents Friday in Los Angeles Superior Court seeking primary physical custody of their two children -- son Ellery, 10, and daughter Jaya, 7 -- and joint legal custody. She is also seeking child and spousal support and wants Harper to pay her attorneys' fees.
Dern and Harper were married in December 2005 after five years of dating. Harper first filed divorce papers in October 2010, citing irreconcilable differences and asking the judge not to award her spousal support.
In January, the two sparked speculation of a reconcilation when they attended the Golden Globes together -- where she won the award for best actress in a comedy series.
Dern's credits also include Little Fockers and HBO's Recount, for which she won a Golden Globe.
Harper is a two-time Grammy Award winner.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera