Lauren Ash Joins ABC Comedy Pilot 'Super Fun Night'
The Canadian actress will fill the role of Marika, opposite "Bridesmaids" Rebel Wilson and Lisa Lapira.
TORONTO – Canadian actress Lauren Ash has joined Rebel Wilson and Liza Lapira as leads in the ABC comedy pilot Super Fun Night.
Ash replaces Edi Patterson as Marika, one of three nerdy female friends on a "funcomfortable" quest to have "super fun" every Friday night.
The half-hour project, written by Bridesmaids’ Wilson and executive produced by Conan O’Brien, was originally developed by CBS as a multi-camera comedy.
After being passed over, ABC came on board to redevelop the project as a single-camera comedy.
Ash’s earlier TV credits include the CBC police drama Cracked, the Shaw Media drama Bomb Girls and playing the role of Sam Goldman on The Dating Guy.
Ash is represented by Parent Management, Brillstein Entertainment Partners and The Glick Agency.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Matt Bomer Talks 'Fifty Shades' Casting Rumors, Wants to Return for 'Magic Mike XXL'!
- Taylor Swift & Sarah Hyland See an Off-Broadway Play Together!
- Hilary Duff Treats Herself to a Vegan Dinner at Crossroads!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Express Sadness Over Death of Camilla Parker Bowles' Brother