Laurie May Leaves Entertainment One After Alliance Films Purchase
The veteran Canadian film executive departs the indie distributor, citing new opportunities, as part of a management shakeup.
VANCOUVER – Laurie May has left Entertainment One as executive vp amid a management shakeup following the acquisition of Alliance Films.
The indie distributor said the departure, effective May 3, was amicable as she eyes new opportunities.
May came to Entertainment One two years ago when Maple Pictures, which she co-founded with Brad Pelman, was acquired for $38.5 million as part of a three-way deal that included Lionsgate Entertainment.
Pelman left Entertainment One last year after helping Alliance Films integrate Maple Pictures.
May is the latest top executive to leave Entertainment One's movie distribution arm after its acquisition of Alliance Films.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Lindsay Lohan Misses Her AA Meeting, Blames Paparazzi On Premiere Of OWN Series (VIDEO)
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed