Laurie May Leaves Entertainment One After Alliance Films Purchase
The veteran Canadian film executive departs the indie distributor, citing new opportunities, as part of a management shakeup.
VANCOUVER – Laurie May has left Entertainment One as executive vp amid a management shakeup following the acquisition of Alliance Films.
The indie distributor said the departure, effective May 3, was amicable as she eyes new opportunities.
May came to Entertainment One two years ago when Maple Pictures, which she co-founded with Brad Pelman, was acquired for $38.5 million as part of a three-way deal that included Lionsgate Entertainment.
Pelman left Entertainment One last year after helping Alliance Films integrate Maple Pictures.
May is the latest top executive to leave Entertainment One's movie distribution arm after its acquisition of Alliance Films.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR